Winter 2018-2019  Issue PDF Format



The Traditions Magazine is looking for your stories -

your accomplishments and adventures,
your memories and thoughts.

We'd love to hear from you!

Please E-mail your alumni news

 or call (209) 957-3340, Ext 187


We are encouraging everyone to be part of the Annual Appeal.


Please consider donating at



Saint Mary’s is proud of our School Traditions.  A few are…


Opening School Mass:  1st week of school there is a ‘school wide Mass.


Homecoming Week:  Fun activities during the week and concludes  with a night rally, football game and dance.


Blue Mass:  Tuesday before Thanksgiving honoring area Law Enforcement, Fire and First Responders.


Christmas Concert:  SM Band and Choir perform a Concert.


Grandparents Mass:  A Mass usually coinciding with the feast of the Immaculate Conception honoring our grandparents.


St. Francis de Sales Liturgy:  Mass that falls on the Feast of St. Francis de Sales in honor of our Priests and Brothers.  


8th Grade Day:  Last Friday of January where any 8th graders interested in SM can come and visit the school.


Career Day:  A day in the spring where Jr’s. & Sr’s have the opportunity to listen to volunteers describe their careers.


Senior Breakfast:  In May, all Sr.’s are invited to a ‘going away breakfast where their Sr. Video will be shown for the first time.


Jr. & Sr. Prom:  Jr.’s give a farewell dinner & dance to the Sr.’s.


Fine Arts Night:  Drama, Band & Choir have an evening where they  perform and show their accomplishments.


Awards Night:  May is the month where scholarships are presented to our students from faculty, staff and many generous donors.


School Day Prayer: Every morning we start our school day with prayer.


Operation Rice Bowl:  Every year a day is picked where money is collected in the classroom. 25% of the donation is given to the needy in our Diocese and the remaining 75% goes to the needy world wide.


Holy Bowl:  The only two Catholic High Schools in the Diocese get  together for a football game where the winner gets a trophy that is passed back and forth between the schools.


CROP Activities:  A Club (Christian Relief Outreach Project) that is devoted to assisting those in need.


Toy Drive:  During Thanksgiving and Christmas seasons we collect toys to give to Toys for the World and CHiPs For Kids, Stockton Police Youth Activities and gather donations for the San Joaquin County Sheriff''s charities at St. Mary's Interfaith.


Back to School:  A night during the first month of school where parents are invited to follow their students’ schedules and meet their teachers.


RamFest:  Night of Food, Fun, Fellowship and  a fundraiser for Athletics.


Scholarship Breakfast:  Mass & breakfast to thank all of our Scholarship Donors for their support.


Student Council Installation Mass:  School wide mass where we install the newly elected officers.


CSF & NHS: California Scholarship Federation & National Honor Society