Class of 2020
Disneyland Grad Nite Refund Update - June 18, 2020
Disneyland Grad Nite Refund Update:
To our valued travel partners,
We hope this email finds you well as we all continue to work through this uniquely challenging time period (both personally & professionally) and look to optimism for things to get back to normal soon. As we head into June we wanted to reach out and give you an update on our Company and our effort to refund your Class of 2020 graduation trip registrants or school if payments on the trips have been made.
Overall (10 weeks after the crisis first began) we find that most things still remain challenged and uncertain, especially within the travel industry, which has all but come to a complete stop. As you can reason, COVID-19 has significantly impacted our travel company and our standard business operations. In these last 2 months, we have closed all our US offices, furloughed half our company and required the remaining staff to work from home with reduced technical, physical and communication resources. The COVID-19 virus and its related challenges happened so SUDDENLY AND IMPACTFULLY, that we found ourselves in an unequalled crisis situation, with tens of thousands of trips cancelled all at once and millions of dollars of pre-paid monies paid out to a multitude of vendors (motor coach companies, theme parks, restaurants, etc.). As a business, this was nothing we have ever encountered or trained for. A difficult situation, yet although we are still enduring these challenges, we are grateful to report that we continue to operate and continue to strive with all our ability to meet all our Company’s refund obligations.
As the national COVID-19 challenges unfolded, we had hoped we could quickly collect all pre-paid monies to effectively complete our refund process within 6-8 weeks. However, while hopeful, unfortunately the COVID-19 consequences continued to impact our vendors as well (with their own shelter in place directives, office closures, company layoffs, bankruptcies, etc.) and our ability to timely resource these funds due to us was, and frankly continues to take significantly more time than estimated.
Even as we write this, although we are making progress, we still have millions of dollars of pre-paid client money yet to be received. All this, disappointingly and frustratingly, has caused us to revise our refund time frame. This committed time frame is 6-8 weeks from the originally scheduled travel date. To ensure this will be met, our company continues to work on supplement financing including insurance claims, government assistance, bank loans and other financial resources we can access to ensure we can fully complete all refunds regardless if our vendors come through or not. Of course, as your travel partner we are pushing to shorten that time frame and are hopeful to be able to do so. But for now, we wanted to make sure you had this current information in the event you have questions. Of course, we are here for those refund questions, so please feel free to have concerned parents reach out to us for further clarifications and updates. We recognize and respect their money is hard earned and needed as soon as possible. We assure you they will receive it back!
We thank you for understanding that both the world and our Company are temporarily in a state of turmoil. As your travel partner, we recognize your difficult role with this cancellation and close out and sincerely thank you for your continued support, patience & understanding as our Company navigates the remaining challenges, to ensure we stay viable and refund each of the students as timely as possible.
What we can assure you is that we are going to make it through this challenging situation, get all your students refunded and then help get our only world… back to normal.
Thank you for your partnership.
Rip Hunter Virginia Hunrath
Senior Vice President Program Director USA Student Travel
Graduation Update June 15, 2020
Graduation Update June 8, 2020
- Girls: In addition to your cap and gown*, you are required to wear a dress or skirt/slacks of appropriate length and a blouse under your graduation gown. Dress shoes are required. No Uggs, flip-flops, or casual type sandals. Hairstyles which attract undue attention, such as dyed hair, are not allowed. Facial piercings are not allowed.
- Boys: In addition to your cap and gown, you are required to wear a shirt and tie under their gown. Slacks, socks and dress shoes must be worn (no tennis shoes, flip-flops or sandals). Hairstyles, including those with hair beyond collar length, dyed hair or those which draw undue attention are not allowed. Boys must be clean-shaven. Earring or facial piercing are not allowed.
- Thursday, June 18th at 8:00am - Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal for ALL Graduates at Saint Mary's. Graduates - please go directly to the Senior Lawn at 8:00 a.m. Students only - no parents - at rehearsal.
- Saturday, June 20th at 8:30am - Commencement Ceremony at Saint Mary's High School on Sanguinetti Football Field - see Dress Code Requirements listed above. Graduates must arrive to Saint Mary's High School by 7:45am.
Baccalaureate Mass, May 20, 2020
The Saint Mary’s High School Baccalaureate Mass is a privileged time of thanksgiving to God for many blessings received, as we continue to pray for our graduating seniors. In preparation for the upcoming commencement ceremony, the Baccalaureate Mass is a spiritual, serene, and more reflective moment. The administration, faculty and staff of Saint Mary’s consider this celebration to be our spiritual gift to the Class of 2020.
We pray and ask for God’s grace and guidance upon our seniors
Watch the Baccalaureate Mass live below or click here to watch on YouTube
Class of 2020 Awards Ceremony, May 14, 2020
Graduation Update, May 12, 2020
- Arrival times for students and families will be staggered to avoid everyone entering through stadium gates at same time.
- Families will be directed to assigned seating sections in bleachers.
- Families required to wear masks and gloves.
- Students will assemble in small groups in classrooms before proceeding onto field.
- Students seated on field, 10' apart.
- Students will approach podium as their name is announced, "elbow bump" Bishop Cotta, take their diploma from tray and take photo.
- Same as Option 1, but no family in attendance.
- Speakers will be recorded at staggered times.
- Students will be scheduled at staggered times to arrive in cap and gown, receive diploma and take photo.
GRADUATION CHECK-OFF SIGNATURE CARDS
were scheduled to be distributed this week to clear you for graduation. Given the current
Shelter-In-Place requirements, this process has changed. While you will not be
collecting these signatures, we will still be clearing every senior. You will individually be
contacted next week if you have any outstanding issues. To ensure that you are cleared
for graduation, please make sure that there are no outstanding issues with any of the
following. If you think you might have any outstanding items, please contact the
appropriate person to take care of the issue as soon as possible.
• Outstanding Tuition Fees/Graduation Fees (Mrs. Danette Curtis)
• Outstanding Library Books or Fines (Mrs. Gianna Stephens)
• Parchment Registration (Mrs. Su Towne)
• Outstanding Athletic Equipment (Mrs. Barbara Harada or Mr. Adam Lichter)
UPDATE YOUR SCOIR ACCOUNT - April 20, 2020
UC INFORMATION - LINKS TO UC CAMPUS INFORMATION - UPDATED April 14, 2020
- Fall-term freshman applicants who received waitlist offers have an opt-in deadline of April 15.
- Students can accept waitlist offers from multiple campuses, but can only accept one offer of admission.
- Even if a student accepts a waitlist offer at a UC campus, that student should submit a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to ensure a place to attend in the fall.
Students are only allowed to submit a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to one UC campus. Students who submit more than one SIR will be contacted directly by those campuses to clarify their intent to enroll by withdrawing from all campuses except the one which they plan to attend.
Students who accept a UC admission offer from the waitlist and have already submitted a SIR at another UC campus must cancel their SIR at the campus which they no longer plan to attend. The SIR deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable.
UC Berkeley: Admission Office | Admitted Student website | Counselor Information
UC Davis: Admission Office | Freshman Decision Day | Transfer Decision Day | Virtual Tour
UC Irvine: Admission Office | Celebrate UCI Day | Virtual Tour
UC Los Angeles: Admission Office | Bruin Bound | Virtual Tours
UC Merced: Admission Office | Webinars and Videos | Virtual Tours
UC Riverside: Admission Office | Highlander Day | Virtual Tours
UC San Diego: Admission Office | Triton Day | Transfer Triton Day | Virtual Tour
UC Santa Barbara: Admission Office | Webinars and Online Events | Virtual Tour
UC Santa Cruz: Admission Office | Admitted Student website | Virtual Tour
READ PRINCIPAL KATHY SMITH'S MESSAGE TO CLASS OF 2020 - MARCH 31, 2020
- If Prom is postponed - Mrs. Howze will be working with Brookside Country Club to secure another date.
- Senior Brunch - we are hoping to coordinate with the senior moderators and parents a date to be determined once we return to campus.
- Senior awards ceremony - this will be looped into the graduation ceremony.
- Baccalaureate - we will coordinate a date with Presentation parish.
- Graduation - we will be working with UOP to try and secure a date, even if we go into June, to hold our graduation ceremony. At practice you will receive your cap and gown. After Easter, I will be calling all seniors via your parent or guardian's cell phone so you can walk me through the pronunciation of your first, middle and last name.
RAMS ON SOCIAL MEDIA - SEND IN YOUR PHOTO FOR COLLEGE SHOWCASE
Ram College Showcase on Social Media
We would love to showcase our Rams and their college commitments. Please send in a highresolution picture of your graduate wearing their college shirt to Mrs. Delucchi at firstname.lastname@example.org
If using your iPhone, please set on portrait. The social media campaign will run all summer long. Include your graduate's name, college, major/minor, and permission for Saint Mary's High School to share.
COLLEGE INFO - STAY UP TO DATE ON COLLEGE VIRTUAL TOURS, DEADLINES, HOUSING, ENROLLMENT
COLLEGE FINANCIAL AID UPDATE - RE-EVALUATE IMPACT DURING COVID CRISIS
1. Utilize the campus financial aid calculators to determine if the change in their finances would affect the amount of financial aid they are eligible to receive.