Worship & Prayer
- 7:00am Mass is offered daily, Monday through Friday, in Our Lady, Queen of the Angels, Chapel. Students, faculty, staff and the community are welcome to attend.
SCHOOL LITURGIES, DEVOTIONS AND PRAYER
- Saint Mary’s offers school-wide Masses several times throughout the year — the entire student body and all staff and teachers attend. These Masses include the Opening School Mass (the installation of Student Council Officers) on the Feast of the Assumption; All Saints’ Day Mass; Blue Mass (honoring law enforcement, paramedics, firefighters and first responders); Grandparents Mass (all grandparents are invited to attend, with reception following); St. Francis de Sales Mass; Ash Wednesday Mass; and Closing School Mass. We also celebrate a Baccalaureate Mass every year for our graduating seniors, a few days before their graduation ceremony.
- Every First Friday of the Month Saint Mary’s offers all-day Exposition and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in the chapel. Religion classes, staff, teachers, and others attend throughout the day.
- Dia de los Muertos: On November 2 every year, we honor this Mexican tradition with two beautifully decorated showcase windows/altars in B Hall. All are invited to join us in prayer, to remember all of our loved ones who have died.
- Crowning of Mary: On May 1 every year, hundreds of students and teachers gather around our beautiful statue of Mary to watch as a student is raised on a lift to crown Our Lady with a beautiful wreath of flowers, to pray and sing. This way of honoring our Blessed Mother is a centuries-old worldwide tradition and beloved annual event on campus.
- Every day morning announcements broadcast throughout the campus begins with prayer, and every class on campus begins in prayer with the following Direction of Intention, as penned by our patron, Saint Francis de Sales: “My God, I give you this day. I offer you, now, all of the good that I shall do. And I promise to accept, for love of you, all of the difficulty that I shall meet. Help me to conduct myself during this day in a manner pleasing to you.”