What can you do? As parents you can follow these guidelines when you host a party or hear of one:
- Set your ground rules with your teen before the party.
- Establish rules for your home and/or property. It will not be a site at which alcohol/drugs will be available, tolerated and/or served to young people (those under legal age of 21).
- Always be home when young people are visiting your home.
- Properly supervise any and all gatherings of young people in your home.
- Welcome other parents to call or drop-by.
- Notify the police when planning a large party.
- Notify your neighbors of the party.
- Limit party attendance and set starting and ending times.
- Be sure you know where your teenager will be.
- Contact the parents of the party-giver.
- Set times teens are expected to return home.
- Avoid spontaneous "sleep-overs" when possible.
- Encourage your child to call if they need a ride home.
Juan and Patty Herrera
Anthony and Angela Contreras
Greg & Denise Heli
Adeyinka & Olufunke Somotun
Scott & Janice Kyles
Greg & K Sabrina Wheatley
Dave & Rosie Calderon
Joseph and Jennifer Beason
Leo and Sylvia Warmerdam
Tim and Adrienne Carroll
Phil and Julie Ramirez