What can you do? As parents you can follow these guidelines when you host a party or hear of one:
- Set ground rules with your student before the party.
- Establish rules for your home and/or property. It will not be a site at which alcohol/drugs will be available, tolerated and/or served to young people (those under legal age of 21).
- Always be home when young people are visiting your home.
- Properly supervise any and all gatherings of young people in your home.
- Welcome other parents to call or drop-by.
- Notify the police when planning a large party.
- Notify your neighbors of the party.
- Limit party attendance and set start and end times.
- Be sure you know where your teenager will be.
- Contact the parents of the party-giver.
- Set the time your student is expected to return home.
- Avoid spontaneous "sleep-overs" when possible.
- Encourage your child to call you if they need a ride home.
Joseph and Jennifer Beason
Dave and Rosie Calderon
Tim and Adrienne Carroll
Anthony and Angela Contreras
Greg and Denise Heli
Juan and Patty Herrera
Scott and Janice Kyles
Phil and Julie Ramirez
Adeyinka and Olufunke Somotun
Leo and Sylvia Warmerdam
Greg and Sabrina Wheatley